The Insurance Company in the Study is in business for more than 100 years with its Headquarters located in the United States. The company offers a broad portfolio of Life and Specialty Insurance and Investment products.
- Importing financial data from disparate sources and different formats like excel 2002, excel 2007, CSV (comma separated values) and flat file
- Importing daily transaction data from third party applications like PAM & Bloomberg which are copied to the local database.
- Generating monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports that are generated from Cube’s(local database)
- Follow up with each individual department head to collect data making sure all the required data is copied to folders
- Parsing data from disparate sources to a centralized database
- Querying historical data for generating reports was time consuming
The actions we took to address these challenges were
- We provided a reporting framework solution, to parse the data from disparate data sources to a centralized data warehouse.
- Rationalized queries using DBA analysis tools to improve performance.
- Created cubes to generate a multi-dimensional dashboard.